The Preparing Future Pastors Fund is designed to provide financial assistance for students at Acadia Divinity College who have been accepted as Candidates for Ordained Ministry by the Board of Ministerial Standards of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada (CBAC), who are in the process of completing their educational requirements at Acadia Divinity College (full-time or part-time), and who have demonstrated capacity for ministerial leadership
- The Recipient must have successfully completed three courses (9 credit hours).
- The Recipient must have a Church or Association “License to Minister”.
- The Recipient must be in the process of completing his/her ordination track Bachelor of Theology or Master of Divinity at Acadia Divinity College and requirements of CBAC (considering the Internship year as part of the full education process).
- The Recipient must be accepted as a Candidate for Ordained Pastoral Ministry by the Board of Ministerial Standards and Education of the CBAC.
- The Recipient must demonstrate capacity for ministerial leadership.
- If reapplying, the Recipient must demonstrate prudent financial management.
- Deadline for applications is November 30, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed in early December 2022, and funds will be awarded at the end of the month.
- Acadia Divinity College will consult with the designated members of the Board of Ministerial Standards and Education to make decisions regarding the awarding of bursaries.
- Bursaries awarded to Recipients will be forwarded to Acadia Divinity College. They shall be deposited directly into the respective student accounts for assistance with tuition costs in that academic year.
- Each Recipient of financial assistance from this fund shall sign an agreement indicating that he/she will serve in a church or ministry affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada, as the Lord leads, for a period of at least five years immediately following graduation.
- If the Recipient leaves vocational ministry before five years are completed, he/she shall give careful consideration to reimbursing the “Preparing Future Pastors Fund”.
- All Recipients will be encouraged, when possible, to support the fund encouraging futures students in their studies as they have been supported.