This bursary was established by a generous gift from the estate of Rev. MacPherson Eaton. The bursary is named after Deacon Cora Gray and Deacon Madeline Sampson who were choice servants of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Windsor Plains United Baptist Church. To be awarded to a student (or students) who is part of an African United Baptist Association (AUBA) church or identify as African Nova Scotian, and who demonstrates financial need.
The deadline for submission is August 31, 2023
The deadline for the winter term only is December 12, 2023
- Financial assistance will only be considered for students with demonstrated financial need.
- Students who are already in receipt of tuition reduction are not eligible to receive further financial assistance.
- Students enrolled in non-credit programs are not eligible to receive financial assistance (i.e. Certificate in Ministerial Studies and Lay Leadership).
- If awarded, financial assistance will be sent to Student Accounts of Acadia University to be applied directly to the student’s account.
- Value and Duration
- The amount of the award varies dependent upon available funds.