The mission of Acadia Divinity College is to equip Christians to serve the mission of God in church and world with transformative impact.
Mission and Purpose
The mission of Acadia Divinity College is to equip Christians in diverse contexts with knowledge and skills to interpret the realities of life today in the light of God’s Word, to speak good news and act confidently with love and justice, and to serve the mission of God in church and world with transformative impact.
Acadia Divinity College equips people for Christian service. As the seminary of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada, and the Faculty of Theology for Acadia University, students acquire excellence in academic studies, achieve competence in leadership, develop spiritual maturity in relationship with God and others, and gain confidence in sharing Christian faith in diverse contemporary contexts.
As Acadia Divinity College equips Christians to serve, it seeks:
- To offer university-based, accredited instruction in the foundational theological disciplines and practice of ministry.
- To integrate spiritual, academic, and practice of ministry so that graduates make transformative impact on their churches and communities.
- To work in partnership with the church, in local, national, and global expressions and serve the mission of God in diverse contexts, beginning with the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada and the Atlantic region, and reaching beyond denominational and geographic limits.
- To provide opportunities for enhancement of theological understanding and professional competence in ministry for those involved in Christian service in various contexts, including facilitating life-long learning for Christian leaders.
- To develop biblically-rooted, and professionally competent servant-leaders who will make a positive impact on their churches and communities for the cause and mission of Christ.
- To encourage the personal and community formation of students so that they live and serve with Christian integrity.