About the Award
Our alumni serve God in extraordinary ways, and we celebrate their faithful service and dedication through the ADC Alumni Distinguished Service Award. Established in 1995, the Award honours members of the Alumni of the Acadia University School of Theology, and/or Acadia Divinity College whose gifts for ministry have contributed significantly to the Christian Church in Canada or throughout the world.
Every year, ADC presents the award to a deserving individual during the ADC Friends and Alumni event at Oasis, the annual gathering of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada. We celebrate together the individual’s contributions to God’s faithful work in and through them.
Recipients of the Award
- 2022 – Rev. Dr. Frank Guinta Jr.
- 2021 – Rev. Dr. Rhonda Y. Britton
- 2020 – Rev. Wilma Janzen
- 2019 – Rev. Sterling Gosman
- 2018 – Col. Rev. Barbara L. Putnam
- 2017 – Rev. Wayne Murphy
- 2016 – Rev. Dr. Lennett J. Anderson
- 2015 – Dr. Tracy A. vom Hagen
- 2014 – Rev. Cecil Aaron Kenny
- 2013 – Rev. Kevin Vincent
- 2012 – Rev. Dr. Ida Armstrong-Whitehouse
- 2011 – Rev. Donald E. Robertson
- 2010 – Rev. Marlene G. Knowles
- 2009 – Rev. Dr. David R. Watt
- 2008 – Rev. Dr Dennis M. Veinotte
- 2005 – Rev. Hazen C. Parent
- 2004 – Rev. Nelson A. Metcalfe
- 2003 – Rev. Dennis R. Leamont
- 2002 – Rev. Hedley H. Hopkins
- 2001 – Rev. John S. Beers
- 2000 – Rev. Joao S. Matwawana
- 2007 – Rev. Ron G. Baxter
- 2006 – Rev. Frank E. Locke
- 1999 – Miss H. May Bartlett
- 1998 – Rev. Earl D. Ward
- 1997 – Rev. Carrol R. Armstrong
- 1996 – Rev. Stewart D. Trites
- 1995 – Rev. Josephine K. Moore
Nominations for the Alumni Distinguished Service Award are welcomed. Along with the name of the nominee, please include a short letter outlining the nominee’s ministry and accomplishments. All nominations will be considered by the President’s Advisory Committee.
Nominations can be sent by email to our Director of Advancement or by mail to:
ADC Advancement Office
Acadia Divinity College
15 University Ave.
Wolfville Nova Scotia B4P 2R6