Discover with Purpose
If you feel called to a career in ministry and desire a versatile education rooted in Christian Theology, our Bachelor of Theology (BTh) program will prepare you with the skills you need to walk confidently as a Christian wherever your education takes you.
The foundation of the BTh is built on Biblical Studies, Christian History and Theology, however you will also balance out your education by taking electives in Arts and Sciences from Acadia University and be introduced to current and proven ministry practices.
Learning is flexible and many courses can be taken either on campus, online or in intensive units that make studying possible for students who are unable to attend locally or full time.
In addition to the non-Ordination track degree, there are other options within the BTh program for you to consider:
- CBAC 35+ Ordination Track
- Crandall-Acadia Bachelor of Theology Partnership
- Minor in Theological Studies
If you have already completed your first degree at Acadia University and are still seeking to build upon your theological education, ADC offers a unique opportunity for you to enroll in the “2nd Undergraduate Degree” program to complete your BTh.
Please contact the BTh Director, Dr Chris Killacky if you would like more information and advice.
Those applying to the Bachelor of Theology normally have a high school diploma, or equivalent, with five Grade 12 academic courses, including English 12 (or equivalent), and a minimum overall average of 70%.
|FULL YEAR||ONE SEMESTER|
|ADC Student Association Fee||$50||$25|
|AU Athletic & Health Services Fee||$247||$123.50|
|ASU Student Organization Fee**||$ 310.86||$155.43|
|ASU Health Plan||$231||$231|
|ASU Dental Plan||$165||$165|
|Acadia Access Fee||$10.00||$5.00|
* Seniors / Ministry Partners receive a 50% discount of full-time tuition.
** See below under Student Organization Fees for a breakdown of this amount.
The generosity of donors over time has made it possible for Acadia Divinity College to offer significant scholarship and bursaries to its students. Our financial assistance program ensures that every eligible student receives support every year.
- $4,330 per year for the normal duration of the student’s program.
- Awarded to students entering a full-time degree program with an 80% average from a completed high school program with five Grade 12 academic courses (undergraduate applicants) or a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 or higher in their most recently completed degree (graduate applicants).
- All students (incoming and returning) are encouraged to apply for financial aid if they are not awarded an Entrance Scholarship.
- Amounts vary dependent on level of study and course load:
- Graduate full-time: $2,230 per year
- Graduate part-time: $225 per course
- Undergraduate full-time: $2,080 per year
- Undergraduate part-time: $225 per course
- Canadian and international students are welcome to apply for various College Assistantships for each academic year. Remuneration varies depending on the position.
A grade of 2.0 is necessary for each course to apply that course toward the Bachelor of Theology degree. A CGPA of 2.0 is necessary to graduate.
As you search for your home away from home, consider the many options available in Wolfville and the surrounding area. Undergraduate students applying directly from high school have the option of Acadia’s 11 residences to provide quick access to all the University’s amenities and services.
Mature students can explore off-campus options, still only minutes from campus and downtown.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|Arts and Science|
|English electives (normally 1000-level)||6|
|BIBL 2013||Interpreting the Bible||3|
|BIBL 3013||Introduction to the Old Testament 1||3|
|BIBL 3023||Introduction to the Old Testament 2||3|
|BIBL 3033||Introduction to the New Testament 1||3|
|BIBL 3043||Introduction to the New Testament 2||3|
|CHUR 2033||History of Christianity||3|
|THEO 3013||Christian Theology 1||3|
|THEO 3023||Christian Theology 2||3|
|THEO 3033||Christian Ethics||3|
|Ministry Electives (to be chosen from Leadership, Next Generation Ministry, Discipleship, or Evangelism and Mission)|
|Electives3 (to be chosen from any university Faculty, including Theology)|
|Total Credit Hours||90|
1 This degree alone is not intended to prepare for Ordained Ministry. Prospective students seeking ordination should consult their
denomination or church to determine ordination requirements before commencing a program of study.
2 Greek and Hebrew recommended
3 Pastoral Ministry courses excluded.