Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies
The Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies (GDCS) helps foster spiritual growth and maturity through dynamic classroom lectures and discussions. The program is offered at the graduate level and can be completed entirely online.
Upon completion, the diploma is awarded by Acadia Divinity College, with transferrable credits that can be applied toward a Master of Divinity or Master of Arts (Theology) degree.
Applicants for the Graduate Diploma in Christian Studies shall have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and shall submit an application for admission to the Registrar of Acadia Divinity College.
The completion of 30 semester hours of academic work, taken for graduate credit with a minimum GPA of 2.00.
Full Time 2021-2022
|Full Year||One Semester|
*Seniors / Ministry Partners receive a 50% discount on full-time tuition.
**The continuance fee is payable annually if a Master of Arts (Theology) Thesis or Project extends beyond one year, until the degree is completed.
- All students (incoming and returning) are encouraged to apply for financial aid if they are not awarded an Entrance Scholarship.
- Amounts vary dependent on level of study and course load:
- Graduate full-time: $2,230 per year
- Graduate part-time: $225 per course
- Undergraduate full-time: $2,080 per year
- Undergraduate part-time: $225 per course
- Canadian and international students are welcome to apply for various College Assistantships for each academic year. Remuneration varies depending on the position.
Course Number Course Title Credit Hours IDTH 5010 Orientation Pass/Fail Biblical Studies BIBL 5023 Interpreting the Old Testament 3 BIBL 5033 Interpreting the New Testament 3 Christian Thought CHUR 5013 Intro to Christian History 3 THEO 5013 Christian Theology 1 3 THEO 5023 Christian Theology 2 3 Ministry EVAN 5013 Evangelism and Mission in Contemporary Society 3 SPFM 5013 Christian Spiritual Formation for Ministry Leaders 3 Biblical Studies, Christian Thought, or Ministry Electives1 Elective 3 Elective 3 Elective 3 Total Credit Hours 30
- Survey of the Bible (BIBL 5013) required if Bible Knowledge Test is not passed